City and Province Information
- M.A. in Policy Studies, Korea University Graduate School
- Former Mayor, Yuseong-gu of Daejeon Metropolitan City
- Former Assistant Secretary, Presidential Secretariat of Political Affairs and Personnel Management
The green petal-like design symbolizes farmland, residential areas, and the Rose of Sharon. Within the symbol is the Chinese character (Dae), which is one of the characters that are used in writing the name of the city.
It means greatness and represents the spirit of Daejeon which will overcome any future challenges. It also symbolizes the spirit and dream of Daejeon citizens, which is to make Daejeon the center of transportation, administration, science, culture, and goods distribution of the nation
Symbol of the Province
- PINE TREE
- Daejeon's tree, the pine, has been recognized throughout its history as a symbol of integrity.
It has a beautiful, full appearance and can endure cold and dry weather.
- WHITE MAGNOLIA
- Daejeon's flower is the white magnolia which represents friendship.
Before the leaves come out in spring, a very beautiful white magnolia flower blooms.
This flower symbolizes grace and elegance.
- The official bird of Daejeon is the Korean Magpie.
According to Korean legend, it is said to bring close friends and good news if it sings in the morning.
The magpie gives beauty and pleasure to people all year round.