City and Province Information
The Mayor of Busan Oh Geo-don
- Ph.D. in Public Administration, Dong-A University Graduate School
- Former Minister, Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries
- Former Acting Mayor, Busan Metropolitan City
TThe upper triangle represents the universe, space and creation, and the lower triangle means the sea and background. The two waves represent the city's internationalization. The whole image symbolizes balance and vitality.
Symbol of the Province
- TCity tree : Designated on July 1. 1978
City flower : Designated on March 1. 1970
The balance of dark green leaves and pink flowers conveys the spirit of the warm hearted citizens. The brilliant ,fresh and deep green foliage of the trees symbolizes the youth and ambition of the people of Busan
- Designated on July 1. 1978
The white wings of the seagull represent purity and peace, reflecting the traditional mind of Koreans.