City and Province Information
- Ph.D. in Economics, Sungkyunkwan University Graduate School
- Member(Congressman), 18th and 19th National Assembly
- Former Minister, Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs
- Former Minister, Ministry of Construction and Transportation
The symbol of Gwangju takes the form of the sun and humans, the source of light and life, representing the aspiration for the world and the future, as well as the pioneering spirit of Gwangju, which literally means "village of light," or Bitgoeul. The circular shape represents the sun while the delightful curves symbolize the free human spirit.
Symbol of the Province
- The straight posture and longevity of the gingko represent the high spirits and infinite growth of Gwangju
- ROYAL AZZLEA
- Royal azaleas grow in the Mudeung mountains, symbolizing the warmheartedness and generosity of Gwangju citizens.
- As a symbol of peace and good luck, the dove represents the city's spirit of harmony and stability.